2017 Navy League Youth Scholarship
The Camden - Kings Bay Council of the Navy League of the United States is pleased to announce its 2017 Youth Scholarship. The $1,000 Scholarship is open to graduating seniors in the NJROTC program and dependents of Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or Merchant Marine service members (active duty or retired) attending Camden County High School, and to graduating seniors (from any high school) active in the Kings Bay Division of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
The Scholarship will be awarded to a senior graduating in 2017 and attending a college, community college or technical institute during the 2017 - 2018 school year.
To apply, a student must meet the conditions stated above and submit the following:
- Personal Information: Full Name; Address; Phone Number; Parent(s) Name(s)
- Qualifying Status: Whether NJROTC (include rank and number of years enrolled), Sea Cadet (include rank and number of years enrolled) and/or dependent of sea service member (include Branch, Active Duty or Retired and current or last command)
- Name of College or Technical School you plan to attend
- Copy of your high school Transcript
- Copy of your Senior Resume (or equivalent if not graduating from Camden County High School)
- 500 – 750 word original Essay on “What will be the impact on the sea services over the next four years of the new President and a majority in both houses of congress being of the same party?” (A well-written essay will require research and original thought. Essays will be graded on grammar, content, originality, persuasiveness, and passion for the topic.)
All requested items must be submitted no later than April 17, 2017, to receive consideration. Send via email to David Burch, or mail to David Burch, 208 Riley Hunter Drive, Kingsland, GA 31548.
The Scholarship recipient will be announced on May 16, 2017, at the 2016 Camden County High School Scholarship Night, and the Scholarship will be presented at a later Camden - Kings Bay Council event. The recipient and her/his parents will be guests of the Navy League at the event.
For more information on the 2017 Navy League Youth Scholarship please contact Scholarship Committee Chairperson David Burch via email or by phone at (912) 674-4252.