Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the mission of the Navy League of the United States?
- What is the mission of the Camden - Kings Bay Council?
- What does it cost and how do I join the Navy League of the United States?
- What is Community Affiliate Membership, and how much does that cost?
- What does it cost and how do I join the Camden - Kings Bay Council?
- Can I join the Camden - Kings Bay Council without joining the national Navy League?
- What are the benefits of joining the Camden - Kings Bay Council?
- How can I become more involved in the activities of the Camden - Kings Bay Council?
The Navy League of the United States has three missions: to enhance the morale of active duty personnel and their families; to inform Congress and the American public on the importance of strong sea services; and to support youth through programs such as the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, Junior ROTC and Young Marines that expose young people to the values of our sea services.
The mission of the Camden - Kings Bay Council is to support the men and women of the sea services assigned to Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay and it's tenant commands.
Any American citizen interested in sea power or supporting our sea services (US Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or Merchant Marine) is eligible for membership. Active duty military are not eligible for membership, but their spouses and families are eligible.
The application for Regular, Husband/Wife and Active Duty Spouse memberships is available here.
Navy League Community Affiliate membership allows local businesses to visibly support programs that are important to the communities they serve. Community Affiliates receive:
- Community and National Recognition: Community Affiliates belong to one of the most active and widely respected associations in the country representing "Citizens in Support of the Sea Services."
- A handsome and suitably engraved Community Affiliate Plaque that you can proudly hang for your clients or patrons to see.
- Four (4) regular individual memberships, each of whom will receive the full array of national and local Navy League member benefits.
To sign up, complete and mail the Community Affiliate Application, or contact the Member Services Center at (800) 356-5760.
Members in good standing of the Navy League of the United States are invited to join the Camden - Kings Bay Council. Local Council membership dues are:
One year at $20.00
Two years at $36.00
Three years at $50.00
Life Local Membership at $180.00*
One year at $30.00
Two years at $55.00
Husband & Wife: Three years at $80.00
Life Husband & Wife Local Membership at $240.00*
* Must be Lifetime National Navy League Member
In addition to benefits available to all Navy League members, local membership offers opportunities for involvement in special events such as base and submarine tours, change of command ceremonies, boat welcoming parties, the annual Silver & Gold Dolphin Auction, the annual Submarine Officer’s Birthday Ball, monthly dinner meetings and other interesting, exciting and educational events.
No, you must be a member of the national Navy League before you can join the local Council.
Our ability to fulfill our mission is limited only by our volunteer resources. We are constantly in need of volunteers to help with our regular dinner meetings, our special projects, membership recruitment and retention, managing our website and Facebook page, and other activities in support of the men and women of the sea services. If you'd like to become involved, please Contact Us.